Looking for some inspiration this pancake day? Or need a way to get more coffee into your breakfast? Well look no further than this high protein tiramisu flavoured treat from our buddy Elliott.
This recipe captures the taste of tiramisu without losing the beauty of the pancake stack. It includes coffee, cocoa and cream cheese and is seriously 😋😋😋
- Double espresso or 100ml of very strong filter coffee
- 70g plain flour
- 15g cocoa powder
- 20g chocolate whey
- Pinch of salt
- Chocolate drops or 1tbsp of sweetener
- 3g baking powder
- 3g bicarbonate of soda
- 1 egg
- Splash of milk
- 100g fat free greek yoghurt
- 30g light soft cheese
- Cocoa to dust
Mix all the dry ingredients and flavour drops in a jug.
- Add in the egg and stir to combine. Add the coffee until you have a thick batter. It it is too stiff use the milk to loosen.
- Place your batter in the fridge and leave to stand for 5 mins.
- Mix the yoghurt and cheese together in a bowl.
- Place a pan on a medium heat and add a little oil. Add dollops of batter and cover while they cook (this will stop them from drying out). Flip after 2 mins and then cook on the other side while covered.
- Once fully puffed up remove from the pan, layer with the cheese mix and top with remaining cocoa.
- Devour and refuse to share.
- 545 kcal
- 58g carb
- 14g fat
- 43g protein