V60 Brewing Guide
Here's the method we use:
- Place V60 onto your mug
- Insert a paper filter and pour hot water over to wash away any paper taste, and warm the cup. Discard water
Add your coffee. Our coffees taste best with a slightly stronger ratio - start with 70g of coffee per litre of water. So use approximately 23g for 330ml of water. Using kitchen scales =makes a massive difference but if you don't have them then a V60 scoop contains about 15g.
- With your finger place a small hole in the middle of the coffee to create a bigger surface area
- Using hot (not boiling) water slowly pour about 50ml in a circular motion over the grinds. This allows the coffee to 'bloom' and trapped gas to escape. Leave for 45 secs.
- Slowly pour 70-100ml of water over the grinds. Allow to filter through
- Repeat 2 more times until you cup is full. At the end the drained coffee should appear flat and almost mud-like.