I absolutely love pancakes. They taste amazing and they go so well with coffee. Such a great morning combo when you’ve got a few minutes!
But have you ever tried swapping flour for protein powder? You instantly transform a treat into something that’s actually pretty healthy.
Here is a great protein pancake recipe
- 1 ripe banana
- 50g oats or oat flour
- 30g vanilla protein powder
- 1 egg
- 5g baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- 100ml of milk
[Click on image to play video]
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blitz until you get a thick batter. Add more milk if required
- Heat a non-stick pan with a little oil
- Spoon in the mixture into mini pancakes that are approximately 6 inches in diameter. Rotate the pan to spread the batter out
- Once the mixture bubbles flip the pancake and cook on the other side until golden brown
- Repeat until you’ve used up all the batter
- Top with whatever you like – Grenade Carb Killer spread, Biscoff spread, or Greek Yoghurt are personal faves
Want a low carb option?
You can leave the flour out completely and just use 4 ingredients:
- Protein Powder
- Baking Powder
Check out this recipe: